OS X Mavericks allows you to go from a trial version of iWork 6 to a brand spanking new version with a few simple steps.
Not sure if this is intentional but so far I haven’t heard of any issues with this approach.
Here is how you do it:
- Quit the App Store app
- Visit http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Business/Apple-iWork-06.shtml
- Click Download
- Click External Mirror 1
- Download and Install the DMG file
- Open up at least one of the applications and select 30 day trial
- Wait a few minutes ( 1-2 min )
- Open up the App Store app
- Check the Updates tab and you should see an update for iWork
- Install updates
- You will now have two copies of each application ( Pages, Keynote, Numbers ). Erase the old ones from the iWork folder.
That’s about it. Feel free to launch one of the apps and validate that they work but you should now have fully licensed copies of all the apps.